Thursday, November 26, 2009

Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

I am Filipino and Porto Rican.I live in Oregon. Growing up kids would tease me and ask me if im Chinese and do the whole pull your eye thing to me. And it hurt. My eyes aren閳ユ獩 even 閳ユ竷hinky閳?at all and I look a lot more Hispanic then Asian. But I can remember being so ahamed of what I was growing up. There are very few Asians here at all like I think there is two others in my school.. I just wish I didn閳ユ獩 have to grow up ashamed of who I am.. wishing that I had light skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes growing up. I really don閳ユ獩 want my future children to grow up feeling this way. This race issue was a BIG part of my child hood every where I went I had people asking me if I was Chinese and even people asking me if my mom speaks English. Heck even some of my friends parents would say 閳ユ竾or an Asian your mom has no accent閳?I mean come on PARENTS saying that I can understand racist children but PARENTS just because we have asian decent DOESN閳ユ┏ mean we cant speak english!



What do you think?



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

Yes i think it has to do with the media, and the entire society. But i blame society more for this.



I myself used to hate being black. All the lighter skinned, or white girls seemed to have the upper hand with everything.



Right now the only prob i have with being black is the hair, its just too much trouble to take care of.



I understand perfectly what u went through, and i am still sorta goin through it now.



I think in order for ur kids to get through that, or be sheltered from it, you should find a society where it is not that prevalent, where there are many different races...especially asians and latinos so ur child can have a sense of acceptance.



My parents never raised me to be racist. I went and found myself an indian boyfriend, and then i realised they were.



its all about ur mindset. You show them u love yourself for who you are...and that skin color, eye shape, or hair does not matter. They will get it eventually.



Everyone needs to adopt that attitude, and then our society would be so much better



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

it has nothing to do with the media but with the lessons those kids never learned in life. Some people out there are ignorant.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

I don't know if it's necessarily the media's fault. But possibly just a cyclic behavior that happens. It's wrong and I wish there was a blanket "fix" for the problem, but I think unfortunately it's just something that is. Right now there is racial tension. There are judgments about all kinds of people. My heritage is Polish and I can't tell you how many polish jokes I've have told to me in my lifetime. You have to figure that life is what is, and you kind of have to get past it. Realizing that the ignorance stems from parents, or media or location.... might help you get past the hurt, but probably not.



What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't' matter whose fault it is. It would be here no matter what. After WWII there were judgemental people who hate all aisians. After 9/11 tons of people assumed all arab "looking" people were terrorists.



It happens. It's not right, but it happens.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

you're beautiful! and like the girl said in the first post some people are just ignorant.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

I'm not sure if it's the media, but a lot of parents are completely out of line and it gets passed down to their children and their children's children, etc. it's a very vicious cycle. i myself come from an eastern-European country, though i am fluent in English and look kind of Mediterranean (brown hair, eyes, natural year-round tan). still, i have been made fun of and stuff a lot just because of that. so, ya, racism is being spread out everywhere and people need to wake up and realize that we are ALL humans and that if we don't stop hating each other, we're going to destroy this planet!



peace,



Sara V



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

i personally do think that the media sends that message but i just try to ignore it i dont have blonde hair or white skin but i do have drak skin and brown hair and i also know that im beatiful....and im sure i am too....marina!



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

Its not the media that teaches these things, its more that the adults teach them these things and kids are just plain mean. If anything like this happens to your kids let them know how beatiful that they are no matter what anyone says. Tell them that they are so jelouse of thier beatuy that they make fun of them and say hurtful things to make themselves feel better about not being as pretty as your kids are.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

I don't think the media sends out "white is beautiful", there's plenty of beautiful women of different nationalities who are actresses, singers, or models. Kids probably just made fun of you because they haven't been around much of your race, so you were different to them, not necessarily ugly. Some people are just nieve.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

no there are plenty of peolep in the public eye who are not white some people are just mean thas just how they are



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

Yeah you look more Hispanic. Honestly this is America and America in other cultures is viewed as having light features including the infamous blue eyes and blonde hair-not a lot of people believe being an America is being African-American or being mixed with America-because it had been stereotyped that way. And, I'm Hispanic but people think I'm Italian or Native America-a few can tell I am, because my face isn't the normality of a Latina. Yeah, racism happens and it sucks-but that's life. Marrying a gringo-hahaah, and your kiddies won't look like freaks. And, yes the media does send that message, and I'll be honest white to me is the most beautiful. But they are also trying to earn money and trying to market to other cultures as well, so they are expanding that-don't you see the cover girl commericals or all the minorities advertising for looks?..



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

The media will perpetrate on anyone or thing that it feels it can make a buck on. Look to the dessert baby girl, look to the mountains little sister with all these beautiful colors on this earth how can you be anything else but beautiful when you in fact are closest to the dessert and mountains for your color alone. I f you believe in Jesus take heed into the way the Bible describes the Fathers Son HAIR LIKE WOOL sounds nappy to me and their are not too many types of people around that can soak up the rays of the sun be crucified as he was and still rock an Afro in heaven you dig!!!! Get in touch with your spirituality what ever it may be and contact a Latin/Filipino Affairs Commission because from the sound of it you need support little sister. P.U.S.H Pray Until Something Happens



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

Dude, you're pretty.



I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin, but it's not what it's all cracked up to be.



I wish I had darker, tanner skin, because I have really light pale skin and tons of freackles, people make fun of me..



They say my freckles make me look like I have a mustache..



Pft! %26gt;:0 Whatever..



Most Asian people can speak, English. But I live in Detroit, where being white isn't cool. You'd probably be popular at my school.



I guess the reason that the white is beautiful message is out there because.. er.. because.. idk.



Racist old directors who pick the white, skinny woman.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

It's the parents' fault, not the media. It's just a bunch of racist people living in a racist community. Unfortunately, a lot of America is like that. But the media mostly talks about white people doing bad stuff, not good.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

You don't look Asian,it just because people assume that you are some sort of emergent because half of what you are is Asian when the other half is Porto Rica.Don't allow your future children to go through what you go through because you are AMERICAN.People look at me and automatically think I am Dominican.IT Not Fair



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

No.



Do you think the media sends the "white is beautiful" message to the youth?

That is total bull, many people come into our country and don't pay taxes for five years while Americana's pay taxes and often enough support people from other lands. You start businesses here, get benefits from our government and other things and my parents pay for them. Now that is unfair because many Americana's can't get the same things. It's unfair that foreigners can get what we as Americans work hard for and pay into but we can't get it without a fight to our own government but foreign fools can come into America and get anything all because we are suppose to feel sorry for those coming to America, I hope this current administration stops that. I hope we end the freebies and send many back to their own lands. My dad was talking about this last week and I think I have to agree with him. To much given to so many who don't put into our system because they are rejects from their countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk