Thursday, November 26, 2009

Going Natural?

I'm 15, Black閳ユ摠'm also of Korean decent, but my African ancestry outweighs my Asian decent by more than two-fourths閳ユ攣nd I've been getting my hair permed/relaxed for years. I heard that perms will eventually break out the hair, and I want to stop getting perms, to go "natural", but I don't know what to do. I hate afros and dreds and, although don't mind getting braids or cornrows, I like my hair to be kind of straight, but I don't know how to keep my hair basically straight without perms. My parents say my hair will be really nappy without perms, and this kind of worries me. Will my hair become unmanageable? Also, I've read that heating appliances閳ユ敃uch as blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc.閳ユ敋ill break out hair, too. Is this true? If so, how can I do my hair in the morning without using heating appliances to it so much when I don't have braids and have a little over 15 minutes to do it before school? What are the advantages and disadvantages of "going natural"? By the way, my hair stops an inch or two above my shoulders and is a bit thick, but not very.



Going Natural?

The Japanese method (done in salons all over the U.S.) for straightening hair is very expensive but it doesn't hurt the hair. The hair looks great after the stylist does it. It takes several hours to get this done and you'll have to call around to find a salon that straightens hair this way.



Going Natural?

Wow well the only thing i can think of is to let your perm grow out. But you'll have to straiten it with a hair straightener for a while though. Then you can just let it go natural. The advantages are you don't have to do that much to it when its natural. Just use a good brand of shampoo and conditioner. Like Pantene. Or Herbal Essences. (not suave you have to use TOO MUCH condition or with that one) And when your hair grows out so much and you trim it frequently then your hair will be perfectly healthy! Hope this helped :] hope i spelled everything right bit i think u get the idea! ;)



Going Natural?

there is nothing wrong with going natural, but it might not be as straight as you want. going natural means that you aren't using the chemicals to change your hairs texture. if you do use a heat straightener, make sure you use a protectant first. that will help reduce the breakage. trim every once in a while, and you are good to go.



Going Natural?

Do your fav.



Going Natural?

I went natural for the second time last year. It feels like one of the best decisions I've made for my hair. It is thick and strong. Yes it is more time consuming. I dont want dreads yet maybe when I'm 50. I wear afros and sometimes I cornbraid the front and leave an afro in the back. I do two strand twists for a few days then I take it out and rock it just like that for a few days. My hair is nappy but I love it and I get a lot of compliments. It takes great courage to go natural and people will respect you for it simply because they dont want to put up with it. As long as you give your new hair time and attention it wont be unmanageable. But sometimes I may go 3 days without combing and then I have to wet my hair in order to get a comb through it. It is commendable if you do. But you must be dedicated as it is all to easy to go back to a perm. I did the big chop in Aug '06 my permed ends were dead and my hair was no longer healthy. go to Nappturality.com they have lots of advice and pics. Even shows you how to style your hair. Good luck!



Going Natural?

chemical relaxers will work, but you have to take VERY VERY VERY good care of your hair, or it'll start breaking off. also, heating appliances will hurt the hair, but it will hurt it less if you do it the right way- lotsa conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and heat protection, the works, and they take up a lot of time. I don't know if you go natural tho, there aren't a lot of ppl at our school that have nappy hair.



Going Natural?

I know what you mean! I got hair extensions for 3 years and it help grow out the perm/relaxer that I had in my hair not to mention that it helped my hair grow significantly (my hair is longer than I have ever seen it before in my life). I had braids too but I just got so tired of them and they didn't look so good after new hair growth started to appear which meant that it's time for new ones.



For my hair extensions I used real human hair. My hair dresser cornrowed my real hair first and then she sewed in the hair extension tracks. The hair extensions were straight hair and you can basically wash, blow dry, straighten like normal hair. They are low maintenance and you can do whatever you want to them. They are also a good investment and will last up to 6 months and after the six months you can reuse the hair extensions and just re-cornrow your real hair again. While you real hair is growing underneath you still look good. You can't even see your cornrowed hair underneath the extensions and you can have long hair like Beyonce! lol! The hair extensions look very natural and healthy looking. I think you should look into in and I wish you the very best! I know what you've been going through and you are not alone!



Going Natural?

Try this. It gives tips on managing and growing black hair by the crown and glory technique.



www.growafrohairlong.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk