Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shaving legs?

Okay so the deal is that I want to start shaving my legs. I'm in middle school and I'm about to turn 13 soon. I have black hairs on my legs because well my hair is black. I'm half Asian/ American. To be specific Vietnamese/German/Irish.



My mom doesn't shave her legs because shes pure Vietanmese and has no hair on her legs.



While l'm getting the American traits got ALOT of hairs on my legs. I'm scared of wearing shorts and capris because almost all the other girls wear it and shave alot so their legs aren't prickly. I really want to wear shorts because it is getting to summer and getting hot.Plus during PE all the girls wear shorts except me.



How do I ask my mom to start shaving?



How do I ask her at the store to buy cream and a razor?



I really need advice. And for a extra when did you start shaving?



Shaving legs?

Leg hairs is a problem that almost every girl your age gets, and don't worry, I'm 13, and I just started shaving. When you approach your mom, just tell her that you think it's time that you start shaving because other girls at your school are doing it.



As for the actual razor, your mom might already have one. And when you shave, you don't need any cream. If your mom



doesn't know how to shave (you know, since she doesn't get those hairs), then I'll tell you how:



You don't need cream to shave, just next time you're in the shower do this:



- First make sure your legs are really really wet, and then take the soap and rub it over your legs until they're extremely soapy. If you don't do this, it won't be a very smooth shave.



-NExt, since you're a beginer at this, take the razor and slowly and gently shave your leg downwards. (Later you'll do upwards for a smoother shave, just this is so you don't get hurt).



-After each motion of the razor (one time for top to bottom of leg) tap out the razor to get all the hairs off.



-Continue until all the hair is off your legs



Tips:



-Don't shave above the knees, nobody really does this, and my mom didn't start until after high school



-After the first shave, shave upwards for a much smoother shave.



-Never shave before going to the pool or a beach, the salt and chlorine REALLY REALLY hurt!



-DO NOT be embarrassed about this, everybody has to shave so you're definitely not alone.



Good luck!!!! =)



Shaving legs?

Ask your mom, it is not embarressing at all. Plus, everyone know girls shave.



Shaving legs?

I started shaving at your age, about a year ago. You don't need to buy cream, Gillette for women razors are fairly cheap, and I don't think your mom would mind buying them. I just told my mom straight out that i wanted to start shaving my legs, she understood that i was growing up ,and shaving was part of growing up, your mom should understand.



Shaving legs?

I know the feeling, I didn't start shaving till 7th grade but I was 12.I culdn't ever get the nerve to ask my mom and one day I was fixin to ask her and she asked me!I would start wearin shorts around mom ALOT (at home) and maybe she'll get the hint or you could just ask her when ya'll r alone but that never worked 4 me! IDK, srry! hope i helped



Shaving legs?

I didnt start shaving till about 15....... u cud just explain it to your mom. Tell her why u want to... and that ur not comfortable with that hair on your legs. If u so start shaving, u have to continue otherwise that hair will grow back thicker...good luck



Shaving legs?

just plain out ask her...mom i have hairy legs can i shave them please i want to wear shorts and capris without having people look at my legs and think "woah look at her".



then do the same thing about buying shaving cream and a razor... just ask



Shaving legs?

i started shaving rite b4 6th grade started cuz my hairs were all long n dark brown u cood just ask ur mom if u cood start shaving yet n if u shood if she says no just xplain ur problem n weneva u need a new razor or shaving cream just tell her b4 u get 2 the storeits probly hard 4 u though since ur mom doesnt shave my mom told me to start since my legs looked all hairy n gross



Shaving legs?

hey whats up im chelsea....i started shaving when i waz 10 and im 12 now when i asked my mom to shave the firts time and she said no the second time i said mom can i start shaving all my Friends do it and pluse my legs r getting really



hairy hope that helps u out a little by 4 now.......



Shaving legs?

Just get some money and go buy some.. I started when I was 11.



Shaving legs?

I started shaving in 6th grade. And i didn't even ask my mom, she kind of asked me lol. But even tho I'm blonde, a lot of the hair on my legs is darker towards the bottom, so I understand where youre coming from.



Most girls start shaving their legs at some point in life, and it sounds like the perfect time for you to start, so my advice is just to point out to your mom that you want to start shaving your legs and I'm sure she will offer to go buy shaving cream and a razor or take you with her to get some.



Shaving legs?

When I wanted to start shaving, I snuck into my moms bathroom and stole one of her razors (you can steal one of your dads instead, just make sure it's clean). I used soap when I started. You can also use conditioner and it works pretty well. Or steal some of your dad's shaving cream...whatever. One day my mom came into my room and said "what are you using those rozars for?" and I said "shaving". And she said "Okay". lol. I started shaving when I was 13.



Shaving legs?

I started shaving when i was 11, right after i started my period. I didn't ask my mom, i just stared doing it. 13 is plenty old enough to be shaving these days, but only go just over your knees. You aren't Britney Spears.



Shaving legs?

alot of kids are afraid to ask their rents about shaving!



simply ask her and say everything you just wrote down!



i know cuz when i wore skirts to school be4 i shaved a girl said does your mom let you shave your legs?



it was so rude so i just had to shave!



Shaving legs?

I started shaving around 12 or 13, even though I didn't need to. But if you have real, visible hairs on your legs, then I don't see why there would be a problem with you shaving. Just tell/show your mom the problem and say that while she was lucky not to have hair on her legs, you do, and it is humilating to you to bare your legs in public. And since it is getting hot outside, and you are in P.E., that it just isn't sensible for you to have to wear pants all the time to cover the hair up.



Shaving legs?

I started shaving when I was 12. I was self-conscious about it at school (especially in PE) I was the only girl in my class not to start shaving at the age of 10. I know how you're feeling right now..I felt the same way.So, heres what i did: Leave a note in her purse, asking her if she could pick the stuff up at the store, this way you dont have to say anything. Then once you start shaving, just remember to go slow! dont rush, or you'll end up with really bad razor burn.(I did that the first time, and my legs looked worse all nicked up then they did before i started shaving!) If you would like any more advice, feel free to email me.



Shaving legs?

Talk with your mom, but being Vietnamese, she might be kinda harsh. Let her know this is something you are going to do.



Leg hair is a part of life that you have to get used to. Shave now and have a great time.



Shaving legs?

Shaving should not be a problem for you and you should start doing that now...Your at the right age....



Best thing you can do....on your own is this. Go to your local drug store and buy a product called VEET. I use it and it works great. No bloody cuts and no razor burns on your legs. Leaves them feeling silky smooth and fresh. You don't even have to use it all that often and it does last a while.



You simply squeeze out the cream and rub it on your legs.....just below the knee....You really don't have to shave your thighs. Do it below the knee down to the foot....put on enough applying to both legs. Immediately wash your hands real good, you don't want that stuff to get in your eyes. Leave it on for a full six minutes and watch the clock. Don't leave it on any longer than that cause it will burn your legs. Soon as time is up you use the blade less razor that it comes with. And scrap it over your entire legs...Do both and as soon as your done take a shower and wash it off completely. You'll love it......I use it all the time. I use to get nicks and have scars from shaving my legs. But no more. You can not use it anywhere else on your body, so please don't. Give it a try, its cheap and you got nothing to loose but that unsightly hair on your legs.....Have a beautiful summer.



Shaving legs?

Hi love, your too young to shave!



Shaving will encourage your hair to grow thick.



Try using a hair removal cream lightly at first - IE, Veat, former Imac



or use a pad.



Ask at a beauty department.



Shaving legs?

i am 18 and i hope this really work for u!!!! first of all it is o.k. to tell ur mom that u want to start shaving, tell her how u feel when ur friends are wearing shorts and ur not. i recommen u to ask ur mom to show u how to do it. u got to be careful while shaving cause othewise ur going to cut yourself.put some cream and rub the razor SOFTLY on your legs. then just rinse.



GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER



Shaving legs?

You just need to tell your mom how you feel. Like say something like mom I want to start shaving and tell her that all the other girls are wearing shorts except you. She might considerit and if not tell her more. Trust me it works I am 13 too and started shaving a few moths ago



Shaving legs?

I would just straight up ask her. I had to start shaving my legs when I was way younger than you, just about turned 10. It was the most embarassing thing ever for me. I have brown hair, but the hair on my legs was black.



So I just told my mom that I should start to shave my legs. She insisted that I wait, but when I told her how much I was getting teased for it, she let me. If you explain the entire thing to her, and act mature about it, and not be rude, I'm sure she'll let you. Good luck!



Shaving legs?

dont shave use veet



Shaving legs?

I went through a very similar situation. I just went up to my mom and asked if I could start shaving. I'm Asian too so my hairs are dark. Moms are usually understanding and they mosty don't have an argument against shaving. I started shaving when I just turned 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk